- Along with imparting trainings on different agricultural aspects. The technical knowledge imparted at appropriate time to the farmers saves them from in coming problems . To render necessary guidance to the farmers, the services of competent scientists Hailing from Agronomy, Plant Protection, Agriculture Engineering, Horticulture, Animal Science and Home Science disciplines have been requisitioned. At this centre, farmers are getting regular guidance for redressal of their problems related to agriculture. The service to the farmers is rendered free of cost.
Diagnosis of Crop Disorders
- The scientists of KVK helps in the identification of crop disorders in plant samples brought by farmers pertaining to insect and pathogen injuries, phytotoxicity of agricultural inputs or some nutrient deficiency. Farmers are advised based on correct diagnosis of malady. To identify complex problems, scientists of KVK visit the field for on the spot diagnosis of crop disorders.
Advisory Services through Telephone/Mobile Phone/News Paper
- Help line telephone 01682-245320 and mobiles numbers of faculty has been provided for the benefit of farmers. This facility is getting good response from the farmers. The link established between scientists and the farmers is responsible for quick redressal of field problems on telephone particularly during the period of outbreak of pest or disease. During the disease epidemic remedial measures through Kisan Mobile Advisory Service and press media are made available to farmers quickly. Farmers are sent SMS on their mobile phones about various farm operations. These practices are proving as a boon to farmer community of the district during the outbreak of pests and disease. These procedures provided good relief to the farmers in the past and saved crops from the attack of pests and diseases.
- Farm literature of P.A.U. is being sold from KVK for the benefit of farmers. The monthly magazines such as Progressive Farming (English), Changi Kheti (Punjabi), Package of Practices in respect of Kharif and Rabi crops, Vegetables and Fruit crops and Animal Science and many other important publications are sold to the farmers. In addition to this biannual KVK newsletter is published by KVK for giving up to date information to the farming community about latest activities of the KVK. This publication is provided free of cost to the farmers of the region.
Provision of Seed of Improved Crop Varieties
- KVK imparts trainings to farmers for production of seed of various varieties so that are able to produce seed at their own level. KVK produces seed of recommended varieties of various crops and sells at a price fixed by Punjab Agricultural University, Ludhiana. KVK conducts tours of farmers to various regional/main Kisan melas of PAU where they have access to seeds of all improved varieties of various crops.